Things we see and do.

See us on You Tube.
sandoiler.
maclad007.

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Neglect.

Weeds grow like lightning.



I did not get to pull my Parsnips, Leeks or Sprouts last winter now they are growing and going to seed.

There is a brick path underneath those weeds.

This is my Strawberry patch, the white flowers are the strawberry flowers.

I might get some hens and let them run free in this allotment.

Everything is overrun with weeds.

My Pumpkin patch and raspberries plants.

Sprouts going to seed.



Due to one thing and another I have neglected my allotments over the last few months, to my cost. I went there yesterday to see how things were going and this is what I found.
Mother nature has punished me for my neglect, it was heart breaking to look at in fact I don't think I have the heart to tackle it again, I am seriously considering giving them to our Steven.
Perhaps when my knees are back to normal I might get my heart back but I doubt it, you can't do allotments half heartily the work out weighs the pleasure. 

1 comment:

  1. One of my allotment neighbours has come to my rescue and agreed to put six geese on my allotments everyday until they are cleared, this is going to save me a hell of a lot of work. I am getting my heart back!!!!

    ReplyDelete