Things we see and do.

See us on You Tube.
sandoiler.
maclad007.

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Jacobs Ladder.




 Over the worst of it, the top is in view.

 Made it! Easy.
Having a breather before going back down.



 Lee Farm, on the way back to the car.


This is what I have been waiting for, nice weather and a chance to try out my new knees. We have just had four sunny days Saturday through to Tuesday. Saturday and Sunday I was in our Steven's loft laying floorboards. I just happened to mention that it was too nice to be indoors on a day like this, but the job had to be done! Monday he popped round to see if I wanted to go to Edale.

We bypassed Edale and went straight to Barber Booth, parked the car and walked to the packhorse bridge at the foot of Jacob's Ladder.

Jacob's Ladder is the start of the Pennine way, a path that goes all the way to Scotland. My intention was to walk up to the top and on to Kinder Scout. It is a steep climb but a good trial for my knees. If I could not have done it it would have marked the end of my hill walking days. I did it with no problem at all, when I reached the top I was over the moon and so was our Steven. He has his walking mate back, me!

Coming down was just as good, no pain at all. When you have bad knees, walking down hills is murder. That has all gone. Walking is a pleasure again!




No comments:

Post a Comment