Things we see and do.

See us on You Tube.
sandoiler.
maclad007.

Sunday 20 September 2015

At it again.

My latest project, making this wilderness something like. I have wanted to get stuck into this job for a long time! But that is a long long long story.
Rubble from home improvement jobs, twitch grass, weeds and brambles. No it's not a bomb site it's my youngest sons front garden, it used to look a picture then things went wrong.
First job clearing the brambles they were like razor wire all over the place, the grass and weeds were easy to strim away.
After turning a patch of garden over I then took part of the wall down to make an entrance for a driveway.
Skip hire, these come in different sizes 3 ton, 6 ton, 8 ton roll on roll off and so on.
I guessed a 6 ton would be large enough for all the rubble and if there was no room for the bricks I could have cleaned them up and used them for something sometime. As it happened there was room for the bricks, but it broke my heart to chuck them away I come from a make do and mend generation!
Rubble cleared away ground turned over, things are looking good.
Me and my tools for the job.
Skip gone, all ready for the next stage.
 More to come, drive to lay.



Flagstones down, just a few more finishing touches and it will be ready for the grass seed. Job almost done!



Two and a half weeks after seeding. When the grass gets established and the ground settles it will be time to straighten the flagstones for good.
It is now the end of October and I still ache from the work I did in September I now realise that I am no longer 21 and must take a back seat when hard work crops up.




No comments:

Post a Comment