Things we see and do.

See us on You Tube.
sandoiler.
maclad007.

Wednesday 11 August 2010

Nostell Priory.

Last Thursday we had a day out at Nostell Priory near Wakefield.
Photography is not allowed in the house but I just had to risk
taking a photo of the quilt below. It is hand sewn and shows the crest
of the Winn family, a spread eagle.

Outside there was a garden fete for the children, roundabouts, boat rides
and the old time favourite Punch and Judy.


All the Punch and Judy stories are pretty violent, just the thing for
children to dwell on.
photo link > share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2CbtGLdyzaMSS

1 comment:

  1. I love Punch and Judy shows! They're the best! In fact, one of my favorite expressions is, "pleased as Punch." I used to think it referred to the punch that you drink (I know it doesn't make much sense, but that's what I thought), but then somehow I learned that it was referring to Punch and Judy! Haha! The quilt is extremely impressive as well. Good job on the covert photography!

    ReplyDelete