Things we see and do.

See us on You Tube.
sandoiler.
maclad007.

Tuesday 8 June 2010

Elterwater to Grasmere.

Today is the last day of our walking holiday it’s been the hottest and driest
week we have had in the lakes in all the years we have been coming here.
On average we've walked over ten miles a day, clocking up seventy miles
in total. We have dawdled most of the time and took in all the sights and
sounds of the area, it's been a rieght gud week. Father and son time.
A little bit of Yorshire in there it's how we talk.

An old slate workings near Rydal. I don't need the sticks to walk, they are
just a great help you wouldn't believe how much help they are!
No no no I'm not going in there, wild horses could not drag me into a cave.
Me looking in our Steven looking out, I like nothing heavier than a cloud
over my head. That's the reason I went into the Steelworks and not down
the mine with my father and four brothers.
These stepping stone could have been put here originally by the Romans,
there is an ancient Roman Fort near by at Clappersgate. That's the thing
with walking you can dream with your eyes open, life's great init.

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures. I love the Lakes District. Patrick never made it up there but my mom and I went...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave--these are awesome! I've got to get to this part of the country some time. I'm jealous that you've gotten to do so much hiking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: the bottom picture looks like a post-card! You should be a photographer!

    ReplyDelete