Things we see and do.

See us on You Tube.
sandoiler.
maclad007.

Tuesday 10 February 2009

How I came across your blog.

Purely by accident! I have a couple of friends that originate from California, they now live in Washington DC. I have always had a fascination with the western states and they are my entry into your blog world. The pair in the picture below are the ones I am on about, I use their blog to gain access to the US of A. It all started with the fire in California at the back end of last year.Knowing his mother and father live there, I natural asked if they were OK. The answer was yes, but unfortunately his uncle Chucks home had burned down. This put a new light on things for me, now the fire on the TV news was real. I actually felt that I knew someone who had lost their home, if only through Patrick. Anyway that was all that was said. So as I was drifting from blog to blog, I noticed the Flake Family Fire on Kims blog and wondered if that was Chucks. On that blog at one point there were fifteen posts, I thought this must be a popular bloke, so I read on. Clicking on the posts one at a time I eventually got on to your blog. It was the removal of Landons screw that took my eye, it reminded me of me and my dad. I had to take the stitches out of his forehead after he came off his motorbike at the age of seventy five. He feared nothing only hospitals, and would not go back for his stitches out.
Dave&Una.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dave! What a story. That is why I love blogging, the world seems smaller somehow. I live in Yorba Linda, the city the fires were in. I work at the hospital in our city and was called into work because we needed all the manpower we could get. Our home was safe but so many others were lost. Such a surreal experience driving up and down some of the streets here. I have lived her my whole life and have never seen anything like it this up close. The ash and smoke were so heavy. I work in the ER and having so many people come in because of smoke inhalation, or because they didn't have time to grab their medications before their house was destroyed, was very sad to see. The Chuck Flake family, we know from church. We have been friends for a long time. Their house was lost in minutes. There weren't enough resources to save the homes on their street. I don't recognize the other names. I am happy to have you follow my blog. I hope to read yours also. It is a small world.... Regards. Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. A small world indeed! How funny that Jennifer knows my aunt and uncle and lives in Yorba Linda! Jennifer, I don't know if perhaps at some point you've met my mom or dad, Jan and Bernie Moran.

    ReplyDelete