Things we see and do.

See us on You Tube.
sandoiler.
maclad007.

Friday 3 April 2015

Maunday Thursday,

The Queen was in Sheffield Cathedral to carry out the tradition of giving out maunday money.
Sheffield only being 10 miles from Rawmarsh we decided to go and see her and to top it all the sun was shinning but still a bit chilly.

When we got there the Cathedral part of the event was over and she had gone for lunch in the Town Hall so we did the same, not the Town Hall but Dempsey's.

 The crowd waited for the Queens return from lunch though it was going to be a two hour wait.


Dempsey's, what can you say about the place cheap and cheerful but good food and always room.
 
After our lunch (dinner) we were walking back up The Moor to the Town Hall when I spotted a face I never thought I would see again. Roy Dolman he owned the Fish and Chip shop near us, twenty years ago he sold up retired and went to live in Swinton. Then seven years ago his wife Shirley died, Roy sold their house and went to live near his daughter in Sheffield. The last I heard about him he had died, obviously wrong! I never said it to him but we all a good catch up then all walked back towards the Town Hall, two hours had passed and things were starting to move.

I found an excellent spot to take photos, right in the middle of the road stood by a keep left sign.
Una moved further up the road with Roy and his pal.
I put the camera on rapid fire, tested it on the police outriders, went well.
Tried it on zoom and rapid fire on the Queens car in the distance brilliant but these were not the photos I wanted. What I intended doing was to just rapid fire on wide angle but forgot to take it off zoom, by the time I realized I was on zoom it was all over.
Luckily Una had taken one photo only then just stood there waving to the Queen thinking I would get some great shots, but for me it all went wrong. Too much planning!!!!!!!

1
2
 3
 1
 2
 3




1
 2
 3
1
2
 3




Una with Roy and his pal further down the road, she is in the chair again.
 
 This is the photo Una took of the Queen, brilliant just point and shoot for me next time.

For a dead man Roy looks really well he will be Eighty this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment