Things we see and do.

See us on You Tube.
sandoiler.
maclad007.

Monday 21 April 2014

Replaced the bath.

It all started out with me just removing the old silicone sealant round the bath when I noticed a hairline crack in the surface. I knew I would be wrong but I hoped it was just a surface crack, on removing the bath panel it proved to be all the way through.
Straight down to the showroom for a new bath.

Taking an old fashioned cast iron bath out is easy you just hit it with a 7lbs hammer and it smashes into manageable piece. This one is plastic more awkward and a tight fit, it required cutting into pieces.
 

Once the body of the bath was out it just took a little bit of brute force to remove the rest.


The old dark blue tiles had to come off along with some of the plaster so that I could get the new bath in position.

Fitted the bath in place leveled it spot on plumbed it in and filled it with water. I then mortared around the bath making it securing to the wall leaving a narrow gap to pump some sealant into before I re-tiled.



Removed all the dark blue tiles and replaced them with white just to see how it looks.
If it looked OK then it would do, if not then I would have a level surface to tile over. I read somewhere that it's easier to tile over tiles than take them off.    



Just wants new floor covering and tittivating up.

Job done looks OK to me is it OK for you Una?


No comments:

Post a Comment