Things we see and do.

See us on You Tube.
sandoiler.
maclad007.

Tuesday 23 April 2013

My San Diego Palm tree.

It is most unlikely that I will ever get to California so I thought I would have a go at making my own palm tree. Previous to today I had been up the tree using my ladders but it was awkward and a bit scarey (unsafe) to my way of thinking. 
So I attached the saw to a broom handle then attached the handle to my flag pole, giving me the desired height/length.
I was working blind I could not see the saw or where I was cutting. It was really had work sawing and the weight of the pole didn't help.
After 10 minutes of sawing and lots of pauses the top was off.

I'm glad it fell the right way because the weight and size of the timber would have wrote my greenhouse off.
The finished thing, my look alike palm tree!!!!!
I've put a video of the last 10 seconds of the sawing and the top falling on my f/book.
Our Steven was the camera man.

No comments:

Post a Comment