Things we see and do.

See us on You Tube.
sandoiler.
maclad007.

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Giant onions.

Set 1/1/13.
One week after setting the seed.
I've started my onions off on my bedroom windowsill where it's nice and warm. I'm hoping for giant show onions, it's the first time I've grown this particular type.


Three weeks after setting. Onions grow doubled up at first then one end pops out of the compost and in a couple of days they are twice the size they were. When they are strong enough to handle I will pot them on into 3"pots. Then depending on what time of year it is or how fast they are growing will determine whether I plant them in 5"pots or directly into the allotment.
Giant onions look good but they don't store well, so I will also plant some ordinary run of the mill onion sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment